Tuesday 13 October 2015

"NIGHTLIFE KING" HAS SUCCESSOR

Meet Pablo Trapote - Son of Successful Nightlife Businessman Pedro Trapote



Now in charge of “Teatro Barceló” – previously “PACHA Madrid” - and next in line to ruling Madrid nightlife



We noticed the P A C H A letters were missing 23 August 2012 at 4 am


Pablo is the son of the famous nightlife entrepreneur, Pedro Trapote, and ex-wife, Gisela Vethencourt from Venezuela. After growing up in the Swiss boarding school “Le Rosey”, ranked as the world's most prestigious, he studied at a US military academy. But his brilliant curriculum does not end there, as he then moved to New York to study Business. Once the tour finished, he returned to Spain to take over from his father and direct “Teatro Barceló”, former nightclubPacha Madrid”. For over three years he has shared his life with the model Silvia Salleras from Marbella, winner of Elite Model Look contest famous mannequin for David Dolphin, Gucci and Dolce & Gabbana.




Your family sent you to Switzerland as a child and since then you’ve grown up abroad - How was the experience?
The truth is I was very young in Spain and at first I had a hard time leaving my family and my friends. But then I got used to not living at home. However, looking back, it has been one of the most enriching experiences. I learned a lot on many levels, professionally, of course, but also on a personal level, as I’ve made friends from all over the world.



Do you think this experience gave insights you wouldn’t have had if you stayed in Spain?
No doubt. I've been very fortunate to meet people and ways of life very different from the Spanish, including how people have fun outside Spain. Note, for example, my father found inspiration for “Joy Eslava” from “Studio 54” in New York. I think we always have to take from experiences, assimilate and apply them to innovate and improve them in Spain.




After so many years abroad, did you lose touch with Spain or was it clear you would go back to your country?
It’s always been very clear!! I love Spain, my family and the people I love are here. But mainly I like how we Spaniards live; we definitely have more fun than anyone. Perhaps this country wouldn’t be the same without our way to enjoy and savour every minute of life.




Your father is the Madrid nightlife leader - Were you sure you would follow his steps?
I've always been very sure that I wanted to devote myself to this. Since I was about 12 years old I was fascinated by nightlife.



Nightlife is constantly changing, what have been for you the most important changes that have taken place in your nightclub or in nightlife in general during this period?
These years really haven’t been easy. Spain is coming of a bad period, nightlife is increasingly regulated and we have also undergone major changes. Clubbers are more demanding and they want better nightclubs.  We at “Teatro Barceló” pay attention to detail and every year bring in something new. This year, for example, we have improved the lighting. We will also soon open the mythical “El Cielo” [Heaven] floor, fully renovated with some other surprises that will soon be revealed. “Teatro Barceló” highlights its history. It seems to have soul and every person who has been here has left their mark. Not just a legendary nightclub or name, for many people it has been a benchmark for nightlife; it’s really hard to keep doing it year after year and we have already for more than three decades! That formula is to do things well, work hard, enthusiasm and gather the best team of employees.



Any anecdotes?
Yep! You can imagine! “Teatro Barceló” is a place where people go to have fun... One night we had DJ David Guetta. There were loads of people trying to get in saying they were Pedro Trapote. Some even, not knowing it was me, assured me they were close friends of Pedro Trapote haha!




How’s a typical day at work for you?
Days the nightclub is closed are like days for any other person, who goes to the office and meets the suppliers, developers, promoters, etc. The days when the nightclub is open, I will also work at night.  I feel the vibe of what's happening in the nightclub, I can see what we do well, but also what we do badly. What I like most is hanging-out with clubbers, sometimes being a host and greeting people as if they came to my house to have fun.

PabloTrapote is son of businessman Pedro Trapote





You've been going out for years with the model Silvia Salleras, is easy to combine personal and professional life working like you do in nightlife?
Yes, although I admit that with Silvia all’s very easy, she understands my job, because she knows how important it is for me and I understand hers too. When I'm not working I like to practice sports, play football, paddle, tennis, skiing ... Take a break with Silvia or go out to dinner with my group of friends.




Your father dedicated more than 45 years to nightlife: “Joy Eslava” and “PACHA Madrid” (now “Teatro Barceló”) are two essential nightclubs in Madrid, how did you see as children at home when you were your father's profession?
My father was a businessman very atypical night, he was not local at night, he’s a manager. He would go to “Joy Eslava” every night, always during the day. This has never been a problem, quite the opposite!




Does he have any anecdotes you can tell us?
Actually, we have been fortunate to see very important and unique people enter our nightclubs; my father is extremely discreet and doesn't like to talk about what happens in there, but there have been some really very funny things.




Can you tell us some starring some famous in the golden years of "PACHA Madrid"?
Anecdotes as I told you, and known, countless people; but our motto is discretion, so I prefer to continue leave it inside the building.



Will you retire doing nightlife or do you have more projects in mind?
You never know, I’m far too young to think about retirement! I love Madrid nightlife, but I won’t last forever. Anyway, yes I'd like nightlife to be linked to entertainment; I like working so people have a good time. If I can do it my way life will be great.


http://www.madridnightlife.com/teatro-barcelo

No comments:

Post a Comment